Besan Ke Aloo
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23982 times
Best when served with hot plain rice.
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala ,salt and 1 tbsp oil in a pan and mix well.
- Add the onions, coriander and green chillies, mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into small balls.
- Boil enough water in a deep pan, add these besan balls and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the balls from pan and keep the water aside for gravy.
- Cut the balls into 4 pieces and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add these pieces and saute till they turn light pink in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic paste , turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, bay leaves and 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
- Add the water, in which besan was cooked and mix well.
- Add the fried besan pieces and cook on a slow flame for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by mishra.mahi on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.