Bengali Vegetable Pulao
by Uttam Kumar
This recipe has been viewed 6911 times
This pulav has a sweet taste to it with desi ghee and mostly in Durga Pooja you get it in Bhog and can enjoy with pumpkin curry.
- Wash the rice twice with plenty of water to drain excess starch.
- Keep the rice soaked for 10 minutes.
- Put one pan on flame with 4 cups of water (for 2 cups of rice) to boil.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the cloves, cumin seeds and cinnamon and lightly saute.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 60 seconds and then put all the contents in the heating water.
- Add one teaspoon of sugar in the water and then once the water comes to a boil, add the drained rice in it.
- Simmer let the rice cook for 10 minutes covered.
- Once done, add kewra water and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Uttam Kumar on 31 Dec 2014I am a gourmand almost by birth and have been experimenting with food to any extent. I hate people w...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.