Bengali Matarsutir Dal ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29492 times
You would definitely have used green peas as part of many a recipe, but now try this bengali-style dal that is made exclusively with green peas and just a dash of common spices to pep it up.
- Put the green peas in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the ghee in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked green peas and bayleaf, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste and 1½ cups of water, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the milk and salt and blend well using a hand blender.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||107.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.