Bengali Khichdi ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48099 times
Bengali khichdi, you will love this exotic khichdi from bengal – an appetizing, perfect combination of rice, masoor dal and mixed veggies. With loads of protein, fibre and iron and minimum fat, this one sure is a delectable way to lose weight.
- Combine the cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and coarsely ground them using a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta). Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the ground spices, onions, bayleaves, garlic and ginger, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, masoor dal, potatoes, french beans, green peas, green chillies and turmeric powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower the flame and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or till the vegetables are soft and the rice is cooked. Serve hot garnished with ginger juliennes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.