Bengali Baingan Bhurta
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22601 times
This is a traditional bengali recipe.
- Wash brinjal, make slits, apply oil and cook on a direct flame, turning the brinjal , till the skin turns dark and wrinkled.
- Peel and mash the brinjals properly.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, add the green chillies, garlic and onions and saute till they turn brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and saute until it turns soft.
- Add the masala powders and turmeric and salt, mix well and cook till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add mashed brinjal and coriander leaves along with 1/2 cup water, mix well and cook till the gravy becomes thick.
- Just before serving heat ghee and add to the burta, mix well
- Serve hot with phulkas.
This recipe was contributed by savi_ram on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.