Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5606 times
Enjoy the eye catching and nutritious beetroot raita, prepared by adding the grated beetroots to the beaten curd mixture and flavouring the raita with roasted cumin seed powder and red chilli powder.
- Boil the beetroot in the pressure cooker, cool, peel and grate the beetroot and keep aside.
- Add the salt, ginger-chilli paste and sugar in the curds and whisk well.
- Add the grated beetroot and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a small pan for the tempering, add the crushed pepper and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and pour this tempering to the raitha and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by nainibhuva on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.