Beetroot Soup By shikhabajaj
by Shikha Jalan
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2479 times
the thick, creamy and red hued Beetroot soup is enriched with the antioxidant values of beetroots and is a great warming soup for winters. Their attractive color makes the beetroot soup a much flavoured soup recipe among children.
- Peel the skin of beetroot, potato and cut into small pieces.
- Chop finely lemon rind.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry diced onions for 2 minutes.
- Add to this chopped beetroot, potato and lemon rind.
- Add water and bring to boil for 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables have been boiled, grind them in a mixie.
- Add considerable amount of salt and pepper powder.
- Add lemon juice and bring to boil for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh cream.
- Serve it hot.
This recipe was contributed by Shikha Jalan on 07 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.