Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19216 times
An irrestible rice recipe, beetroot pulao is enrobed with rich taste and appealing looks. The grated beetroot, ghee and whole spices simply blend magically with the rice to prepare a flavourful delight, beetroot pulao.
- Soak rice in enough water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain and cook the rice with approx. 2 cups water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the ginger garlic paste, green chilli, onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the mint leaves and the grated beetroot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the salt,garam masala, turmeric, chilli powder, mix well and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and fried cashewnuts and raisins.
- Serve hot.
- To the beetroot mix.
- Mix well and garnish on top with coriander and fried cashews.
- Serve hot with cucumber-onion raitha.
This recipe was contributed by sudha_sundar on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.