Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 12582 times
Beetroot poori is a fried poorie or kachori recipe with mashed beetroots and spices as filling. Enjoy the healthy and red colored beetroot poori as snack with chutney or pickle.
Add your private note
Beetroot Poori recipe - How to make Beetroot Poori
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- 1. sift flour and salt together and rub in melted ghee
- 2. wash and chop and pressure cook half of a small beetroot in very little water for 5 mins
- 3. grind to a paste this boiled beetroot
- 4.kned to a little stiff dough with grinded beetroot add water if required and set aside
- 5.divide dough into small balls and roll out the balls into small rounds using little oil.
- 4.heat oil , drop the rolled poories gently into it
- 5. press the sides of the poories with a perforated frying spoon and turn. fry till golden brown. drain on a brown paper.
- 6. serve hot with any sabzi or aachaar
This recipe was contributed by anshu22_2000 on 25 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.