Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53349 times
This paratha is very easy to make. Eye appealing paratha....even those who dont eat or like beetroot, they will readily gulp this paratha...
Coriander adds a neww refreshing flavour th this paratha...
Add your private note
Beetroot Paratha recipe - How to make Beetroot Paratha
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 serving
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, little salt and knead into a soft dough with water. Keep it covered for about 30 minutes.
- Grind coriander seeds to a coarse powder. Finely chop green chillies and cilantro leaves. (Add green chillies keeping in mind the sweetness of beetroot.) Peel the beetroot skin and grate it.
- Stuffing: Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin. After a minute, add grated beetroot and green chillies. Saute till beetroot is cooked and moisture is lost. Add ground coriander seeds, sesame seeds and salt. Continue cooking at low flame till the stuffing turns dry. Turn off the heat and
- Make round balls of the wheat dough and roll each one big enough (about 4-5 inches diameter) to hold the stuffing.
- Place 1 - 2 tbsp stuffing in the centre and gather the edges into a round ball. Let the stuffed balls rest for a couple of minutes. Roll each stuffed ball gently dusting wheat flour, like roti.
- Heat a griddle/tawa and roast rolled stuffed parathas both sides using butter or oil.
- Serve hot beet parathas with curd, chutney, pickle or curry.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 29 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.