Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15244 times
The appealing and delicious beetroot koftas or grated beetroot stuffed dumplings are cooked in a spicy thick onion-tomato based gravy. The gram flour or besan blended beetroot koftas are fried and simmered in the curry for this mouthwatering and healthy recipe.
Add your private note
Beetroot Kofta recipe - How to make Beetroot Kofta
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small equal sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes and onions and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the prepared paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the grounded paste, garam masala and the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook till oil separates from the gravy.
- Just before serving, add koftas to gravy and mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cream and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by akvan on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.