Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 529 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57533 times
A rich and luscious raita with a variety of ingredients. The peppy taste of coriander and green chillies complements the crunchy feel of peanuts and coconut in the beetroot, cucumber and tomato raita, while a tempering of cumin seeds and asafoetida gives out appetising whiffs!
- Combine the beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, curds, salt, sugar and green chilies in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 15 seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the raita and mix well.
- Add the peanuts, coconut and coriander and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Beetroot Cucumber and Tomato Raita Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.