Beeta- Meetha Gulab Samosa, Beetroot and Rose Sweet Samosa
This recipe has been viewed 1193 times
Samosa is a popular snack in India.I gave a healthy twist to the common samosa which gives your tooth a delicious taste. A Quick and healthy sweet for the kids and the elderly.
- Heat a vessel on a low flame. Pour 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of fresh rose petals.
- Boil it till it reduces to half cup.
- Strain the water using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add hot oil to it and knead it into a stiff dough by adding water little by little. Keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan combine the prepared rose water and sugar and keep on stirring continuously till the sugar melts and the syrup is of one string consistency.
- Now add peanut powder, sesame powder and beetroot one after the other. Mix and stir well until the mixture leaves the side of the pan. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a circle. Cut the circles horizontally with a sharp knife to form 2 semi circles.
- Take one semi circle, apply a little water on the edges and shape into a cone by folding it from both sides.
- Stuff the cone with the prepared stuffing and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the samosas on a medium flame till they turn crispy and golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Abhinetri on 01 Feb 2017
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.