Beet Root Sabji
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59872 times
This is a recipe which is loved by all. . . Especially kids. It's a great ac-compliment with full meals and is a very hit recipe in the southern part of india. As a matter of fact it's cooked everywhere in india and abroad. This recipe needs very little oil and is very very healthy. Hope you all like it.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok and saute the moong dal for 5 to 6 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 1/2 tsp of hing, curry leaves and saute for about 1 minute.
- Addthe turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 2 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the beet root in the pan and mix well till the whole masala is mixed.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add 1/4th cup water and mix well for another 2 to 3 minutes till the masala is completely dissolved.
- Add the coconut and mix the fried moong dal along with it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 24 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.