This recipe has been viewed 20827 times
Beerakaya curry is an Andhra specialty recipe with beerakaya or ridge gourds. The gourds are cooked with onion, chilies and simmered with coconut milk to create this delicious spicy beerakaya curry. Serve the curry with steamed rice
- Peel, wash and cut the beerakaya.
- Cut the beerakaya, onions and the green chillies.
- Heat oil, add the turmeric, mustard seeds and the jeera.
- Add the garlic cloves and onion. let this fry for about 5 minutes.
- Once the onions are done, add the beerakaya.
- Fry this for about 2 mins.
- Cover the pan and let the beerakaya boil in it''s own water.
- Once all the water has evaporated, add the milk and let it boil till the milk solidifies.
- Add salt and remove from heat.
This recipe was contributed by subhasrim on 15 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.