Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1932 times
Beany mushroom offer a perfect blend of great taste, great looks and great health value. The mushroom buttons are scooped out and then filled with a spicy bean or rajmah mixture. Top the stuffed mushrooms with cheese and bake till the cheese melts. A yummy vegetable dish.
Add your private note
Beany Mushrooms recipe - How to make Beany Mushrooms
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1.12 large white mushrooms
2.1 medim onion
4.1/2 cup beans(mashed up)-rajma
5.5 crackers or monaco biscuits
6.salt to taste
7.black pepper accoerding to taste
8.cheddar cheese shredded-1/8 cup
10.1 teaspoon cooking oil.
- 1.take out the stalks of the mushrooms and make them into empty cup shaped form.
- 2.chop the stalks of the mushrooms and keep aside.
- 3.chop the onions and the capsicum and in 1 teaspoon of oil cook till half done and then add the chopped stalks.
- Cook till the mushrooms are done.
- 4.crumble the biscuits and mix salt and black pepper in it.add this biscuit /cracker mixture to the cooked chopped vegetables .
- 5.then to this mixture add the beans.
- Cook and mix them weel and keep aside.
- 6.fill the mushrooms with this mixture .
- 7.brush a little butter outside the mushrooms.
- 8.top them with the shredded cheese.
- 9.cover a baking tray with aluminium foil and arrange the mushrooms on it.
- 10.put the mushrooms in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes ortill the cheese melts and covers the mushroom tops.
This recipe was contributed by simk on 12 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.