Beans curry with onions
This recipe has been viewed 4557 times
Chopping beans and onions fine makes them cook faster and for kids to take for lunch either and beans being good in fiber makes a healthy curry for children too.
Add your private note
Beans curry with onions recipe - How to make Beans curry with onions
Cooking Time: Total Time:
french beans 200gms
onion(red onion) medium size 2 number
curry leaves 10 number
chilli powder 1/2 tsp
peanut oil 2 tbsp
urad dal 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1.clean and chop the beans and keep it aside.
- 2.chop onions
- 3.take a saute pan and heat through and add oil to it.
- 4.when it is heated add mustard seeds, urad dal,turmeric,chilli powder, curry leaves and when urad dal changes its colour to slight brown add chopped onions to it.
- 5.saute onions till they are slightly brown and add chopped beans to it.
- 6.saute the beans and salt to it.
- 7.this helps the beans to release the moisture and cooks faster .
- 8.cook all these ingredients on medium low heat on the stove top as and now simmer the flame to low and close the saute pan with a lid on it.
- 9.this helps the beans to cook in its own steam and cooks faster.
- 10.check the seasoning and close the fire and close the lid on the saute pan as it keeps the curry moist.
- 11.served hot with rice,chappati,pulkha or at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#445964 on 28 Apr 2009
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.