Beans and Fries Shepard's Pie
by Shreya Jaiswal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7549 times
British Shepard's pie with twist(sss). Filling is more mexican style and topping is of frozen french fries rather than the original mashed potatoes.
Although the recipe has a lot of twist the result is amazingly delicious.
Add your private note
Beans and Fries Shepard's Pie recipe - How to make Beans and Fries Shepard's Pie
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 to 6 serving
- Heat butter in a pan. Add garlic and onion and cook till translucent. Add capsicum and cook for 1/2 min. Add tomatoes and cook for around 5 min till thick. Add salt, pepper, chili powder and tomato sauce. Add kidney beans, black-eyed beans, corn and cook for 2 min. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and mix till smooth.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200*C. Grease a baking dish with butter. Pour beans filling in it. Top with cream.
- Take out french fries from freezer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange a layer of french fries evenly in single layer over the baked cream mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 min till light brown.
- Take out from oven, sprinkle 3 tbsp cheese and bake for more 5 min or until golden. Let stand for 10 min.
- Serve warm with green salad.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 19 Jun 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.