Beans and Cream Cheese Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 307 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44926 times
Boiled potatoes are a storehouse of energy, and generally kids love it in any form. However if you keep serving the traditional mash with a simple sprinkling of salt and pepper everyday they will get bored of it. Often, you need to think of innovative ways to serve even common veggies to kids. Here is one such exciting way to serve boiled potatoes! Hollow centres of boiled potatoes are filled with a tangy baked beans mixture and topped with gooey cream cheese. Once kids take a bite of the Beans and Cream Cheese Potatoes, they cannot resist finishing it off!
- Cut each potato horizontally into two.
- Scoop the potato halves a little so that a slight depression is formed for the filling. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baked beans, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the topping into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fill each potato halve with a portion of the bean topping and a dollop of cream cheese over it.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of coriander.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water so they do not taste bland.
- If your child doesn’t like the potato skin you can always peel the potatoes and follow the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.