by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15232 times
A whole crisp fried tortilla makes the bottom layer on top of which beans and cheese are piled high.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, and green chillies with 2 cups water and pressure-cook till the beans are done. Drain and keep the drained water aside.
- Heat the oil and fry the beans mixture, chilli powder, cumin seed powder, sugar, oil and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Mash the beans coarsely while cooking.
- If the mixture is dry, add a little drained water and mix well.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Deep-fry the tortillas in hot oil on both sides till crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Place a crisp tortilla on a plate and spread one portion of the hot refried beans on it.
- Top with a tablespoons of corn and sprinkle some chilli powder and salt.
- Spread a tablespoons of cheese, a tablespoons of shredded lettuce and finally some chopped tomato.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients to make 5 more tostadas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||271.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.