Bean Soup ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 105 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49444 times
A rich soup that is low in calories but high in carbohydrates, fibre and iron. Puréed beans give this soup a smooth rich consistency without the addition of thickeners like flour, milk, cream etc. This satisfying soup will agree well with you even if you are suffering from nausea.
- Soak the beans overnight. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil, add the onions and fry for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, garlic, chilli powder and salt and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the beans and 3 cups of water and pressure cook till they are soft. Blend in a blender.
- Do not strain. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot topped with tomatoes, onions, coriander and tabasco sauce.
- If using red rajma (kidney beans), then add 6 cups of water instead of 3 cups at step no. 3.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.