Bean Curd (tofu) In Tomato Sauce
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4829 times
Bean curd (tofu) in tomato sauce is an easy to prepare recipe to sneak in soyabeans into your child. The soya paneer or tofu cubes are cooked in a tomato sauce based gravy and enjoyed with breads of choice or simply as a starter.
Add your private note
Bean Curd (tofu) In Tomato Sauce recipe - How to make Bean Curd (tofu) In Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Bean curd squares - 4
Medium size tomatoes - 5, diced into very small pieces4 cloves fresh garlic (lehsun), crushed
Medium size onion - 1 sliced
Ground red chilli paste - 1 tablespoon or as desired
Thick soy sauce - 1 teaspoon
Curry powder - 1 tablespoon
Garden peas - 3 tablespoon (optional)
Coriander leaves - as desired, to garnish
oil - 2 tablspoon
salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- ) fry tofu square till golden brown; drain and dice into small cubes
- 2) heat oil in pan and add onion. cook for 1 min or until soft.
- 3) add garlic and tomatoes and cook on medium heat for about 10 mins, or until tomatoes reach a pasty consistency.
- 4) add curry powder, chilli paste, soy sauce and salt. cook for 5 mins.
- 5) add diced tofu and garden peas and mix well. cook for 5mins.
- 6) remove from heat.
- 7) garnish with coriander leaves.
- 8) serve roti or parata
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 26 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.