Bawarchi Pathal Bhaji
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9603 times
Bawarchi pathal bhaji is an easy and chef's favorite pathal or gourd recipe with pathal cooked with delectable mix of spices and simmered in a rich gravy. Relish with roti.
- Chop both greens coarsely. peel stems and chop those too.
- Wash, drain, place in container of pressure cooker with chillies.
- Place channa dal and peanuts in another container of the cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup water to each container. pressurecook for 4 whistles.
- Cool, remove and blend the boiled greens in a mixie or with hand beater.
- Add gramflour to 1/2 cup water, make a smooth paste keep aside.
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds, bayleaf, cardamoms, curry leaves and clove-cinnamon powder.
- Stir a minute and add boiled peanut and dal whole, with the water.
- Bring to a boil, add blended greens, masalas, salt, sugar, lemon.
- Add remaining water, stir well. bring to a boil. add gramflour paste.
- Stir continuously till boil resumes. lower and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- The consistency should be like that of kadhi (refer khichidis).
- Serve hot with masala bhath or bhakri.
This recipe was contributed by some1sumvare on 30 Aug 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.