Bathura By CellyMonika
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3142 times
The North Indian puffed flat bread ,Bhatura are traditionally enjoyed with a bowl of spicy Chole and pickle. Prepare the Bhatura at home with this easy and quick Bhatura recipe.
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. mix well and pass it through a sieve.
- Add yogurt and sugar and about a cup of water and mix gradually to make a soft dough by light kneading.
- Add two tbsp. oil into the dough and cover the dough with a wet cloth.
- Keep it aside for an hour.(the longer the better)
- Roll them into small golf size balls. cover and keep to ferment for ten minutes.
- Flatten the balls to a round shape of 1 inch diameter.
- Then roll into five inch diameter circle.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry bhaturas on high flame till light on both sides.
This recipe was contributed by CellyMonika on 26 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.