Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8124 times
Batata Vada is a popular Maharashtrian snack recipe in which besan is used to dip potato. Learn how to make/prepare Batata Wada by following this easy recipe.
- Boil and peel potatoes and roughly mash them.
- Grind green chillies, ginger and garlic together in a mixer.
- Heat oil in pan add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add curry leaves, asafoetida.
- Remove from heat.
- Add mashed potato, prepared green paste, chopped coriander leaves, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Make equal sized balls of the above mixture. keep aside.
- Take gram flour in a bowl, add soda, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, hot oil and enough water to make a coating consistency batter.
- Dip the potato mixture ball in the batter and deep fry in medium hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot batata wadas with coconut chutney or hot and spicy garlic chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.