Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4541 times
It's important to remember to use a fully ripe pineapple because an unripe fruit will require a lot more sugar thus adding on unnecessary calories.
Add your private note
Basundi(pineapple) recipe - How to make Basundi(pineapple)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- In a small bowl, soak the saffron in a little warm milk and keep aside.
- Put the milk in a broad non-stick pan and bring to a boil. simmer over a medium flame stirring continuously till the milk reduces to half original quantity (approx. 250 ml.).
- Add the saffron mixture and cardamom powder and mix well. cool and refrigerate.
- Combine the pineapple and sugar in a non-stick pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved. allow to cool completely.
- Add the cooled pineapple mixture to the chilled thickened milk and mix well.
- Serve chilled, garnished with the pineapple pieces.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.