by Chitra's Cuisine
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4626 times
Milk and sugar - cooked on low fire until thickened and served chilled with chopped almonds, pistachio and cardamom powder!
- Soak the saffron strands in a tbspn of warm milk.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a broad bottomed non-stick pan.
- Reduce the flame and cook on a slow flame till the volume is reduced to half, for approximately 1 1/2 hour, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and the soaked saffron to the milk and cook on a slow flame for approximately 25 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the cardamom powder and cook on a slow flame for another 5 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and continue stirring for 2 - 3 minutes so that it becomes granular in consistency. Switch off the stove.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve warm or chilled, garnished with pistachio and almond slivers.
This recipe was contributed by Chitra's Cuisine on 08 Nov 2012I’m a home maker with a deep interest for cooking.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.