by Palak Rajput
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6209 times
Basmati, an aromatic, fragrant, long grain, slender rice, with a nutty flavour is considered one of the best varieties of rice in the world.
In this recipe of Basmati Khaas, meaning special, we have cooked the rice with condiments and curd and serve it with koftas. Can be enjoyed as a meal by itself.
- In a deep pan, boil 1½ cups of water with green cardamom, black cardamom and peppercorns for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, boil for two more minutes and keep aside.
- In a deep vessel, heat the butter and add cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the spiced water and curd water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and some more salt if required.
- Boil the rice on a high flame and when rice is just undercooked, reduce the flame, cover the vessel and cook till done.
- Keep aside.
- Combine the beans and cauliflower stem with cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder and salt in a dee[ bowl, mix well and shape into koftas.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas. Keep aside.
- Serve the koftas on a bed of the prepared rice, sprinkled over with fried onions and mint leaves.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 29 Oct 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.