Basil Rava Idli
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4712 times
Fresh basil leaves adds subtle aroma and flavour to this healthy idlis.
- Combine the semolina, curds and enough water in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the basil and coriander, mix well and keep aside for at least half an hour.
- Grease the idli moulds with ghee. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, urad dal, cahsew, asafoetida and raisin and saute till the dal turns golden brown.
- Add this tempering to the batter and mix well.
- Just before making, add 1 tsp fruit salt and mix gently.
- Pour spoonful of batter into the moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 20 minutes or till idlis are cooked.
- Cool and serve immediately garnished with basil and with chutney and sambhar.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and fruit salt to make more idlis.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 22 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.