Basic Savoury Tart
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13199 times
Tarts, as you know, can be both sweet and savoury. Basic savoury tarts like this one can be served with nice savoury fillings containing ingredients like corn, cottage cheese, tomatoes, and so on, seasoned with spices or herbs, and topped with spicy or cheesy sauces .
Deep-frying two or three tarts at a time, you can make a large batch of these and store them in an airtight container. Pack them with exciting fillings, to surprise your kids with an after-school treat , or to serve as a starter at parties.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1/2 cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan very well.
- Dip the tart mould in the hot oil. And allow it to heat up for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the tart mould from the oil and dip the mould into the batter taking care that the mould is evenly coated with the batter.
- Dip the mould again in the hot oil and as the tart cooks, loosen the tart slightly using a fork and deep-fry till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 19 more tarts.
- Cool, store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values per tart
|Vitamin A||23.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.