Basic Cheesecake Mix
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7632 times
A rich mixture of freshly-prepared cottage cheese and cream cheese, mildly sweetened with powdered sugar, forms the basis for most cheesecakes. If you get this Basic Cheesecake Mix right, you can be more than half assured of the texture and flavour of your cheesecake.
- Keep 4 tbsp of milk aside and boil the remaining milk in a deep pan.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove from the flame and add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled, strain it with the help of a strainer and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Combine the prepared paneer, 4 tbsp milk and sugar and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Strain the prepared mixture with the help of a sieve and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.