by Gayathri Kumar
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5507 times
This is an egyptian sweet semolina cake and it is an eggless recipe.
- Combine the flour, semolina, baking powder, sugar and coconut in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the rose essence and curds and mix well.
- Add the butter and mix well. Keep aside.
- Grease a 8" cake tin using little butter and place the dough inside and press gently using your hands.
- Cut into desired shapes using knife and place a pista in each diamond.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 Degree Celsius for 40 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar,2 cups water and rose essence, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the hot syrup on the hot cake and keep aside to cool.
This recipe was contributed by Gayathri Kumar on 18 Dec 2011I am a food blogger. I am mom of a cute girl and I love cooking. Here is a nice place to share my re...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.