Barley Water ( Baby and Toddler )
by Tarla Dalal
जौ का पानी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Barley Water ( Baby and Toddler ) in Hindi)
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62879 times
Barley is a protein-rich cereal that will do wonders for your baby. This nutritious weaning food is also easy and simple to make and will not take up too much of your time during this busy and stressful timeframe, when your baby demands a lot of your attention.
You can start with plain Barley Water, when you begin weaning your baby, and once the child is 10 to 12 months old, you can start flavouring it with jaggery, if your paediatrician approves.
- Combine the barley and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the barley mixture using a strainer.
- Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.