Barley Salad with Almond and Apricot
by PRACHI AGARWAL
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3219 times
A delicious nutty fruity salad!
- Rinse barley in a fine sieve.
- Bring water to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in the barley, and return to a boil.
- Cover, and reduce heat.
- Simmer until water is absorbed, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour oil into a small skillet, and place over medium heat. Add onion, and saute until golden brown.
- In a serving dish, combine barley, onion, apricots, almonds, and parsley. Toss.
- In a small bowl, mix together the curds, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, and nutmeg.
- Pour over the barley mixture ,and toss well to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by PRACHI AGARWAL on 18 Jul 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.