Barley & Ros. Vev. Soup
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6165 times
An energy packed vegetable soup recipe, Barley & ros. vev. Soup has barley cooked till tender along with herb like bay leaf. A thick brothy soup, barley and ros soup is imply amazing and can be enjoyed as a complete meal.
- Preheat oven to 400°f. spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. arrange tomatoes and next 6 ingredients on sheet. drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. roast until vegetables are tender and brown around edges, stirring occasionally, about 55 minutes. coarsely chop half of vegetables and reserve. transfer remaining vegetables
- Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth to baking sheet and scrape up browned bits; add to pot with vegetables. add 7 1/2 cups broth, dried porcini, thyme, and bay leaf to pot. bring to boil. reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until vegetables and porcini are very tender, about 20 minutes. pour vegetables and broth into large strainer set over bowl. trans
- Return broth and bay leaf to pot; add barley and bring to boil. reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until barley is tender, about 40 minutes. add reserved vegetable puree and chopped vegetables to pot; simmer until soup thickens and flavors blend, about 10 minutes. season soup to taste with salt and pepper. (can be made 1 day ahead. cool soup s
- Ladle soup into bowls. sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Makes 4 main-course servings
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#27639 on 15 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.