Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7437 times
U may add a bit of ghee to the khichadi before serving. U may serve it with crisp papad and achar.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger paste and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the fried vegetables and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the dry masalas and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and green chillies and saute, till the oil separates.
- Add the rice and dal, salt and mix well.
- Add enough water, mix well and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sanjukta98 on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.