This recipe has been viewed 4904 times
Bandaru Laddu is a traditional Indian sweet recipe prepared from roasted gram flour or besan, murukku powder, green cardamoms and fried cashews.
- Heat five tablespoons of oil and add to gram flour. mix well and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Chop cashewnuts. heat ghee, add chopped cashewnuts and fry till golden brown. drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. using a murukku press, press the dough directly into the hot oil. fry till golden brown. drain onto an absorbent paper. use up all the dough similarly.
- Powder the fried murukkusand measure
- Take equal measure of sugar and make a syrup of one thread consistency.
- Add the fried murukku powder, green cardamom powder and fried cashewnuts and mix well. take it off the heat.
- Smear ghee on your palms and shape into lemon sized laddoos.
- Cool and store.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.