Banana and Coffee Bavarois
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9163 times
Banana and coffee bavarois is a fruit flavoured pudding or bavarois recipe. The milk, coffee essence and egg yolk are cooked on a sauce pan and then folded into a banana based creamy gelatinous mixture.Serve cold with whipped cream as decoration.
- Beat 1/3 (one-third) of the milk with the egg yolks and coffee essence in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Pass through a sieve into a bowl.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas thoroughly to form a smooth puree.
- Beat in the remaining milk.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the water and stir half into each bowl.
- Fold half the cream into each mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold half into each mixture.
- Spoon the two mixtures alternately and unevenly into a 900ml jelly mould and put in the refrigerator until set.
- When set, turn the bavarois out on a serving dish and pipe whipped cream over and around it to decorate .
This recipe was contributed by chibu on 07 Aug 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.