Banana Stem Mourkootu
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20344 times
Green chillies can be substituted with red chillies in this delicious spicy recipe.
- Clean the stem and remove white outer covering.
- Cut the stem into round pieces and remove the threads that comes in between with finger.
- Place them in little buttermilk to prevent the stems form turning black. Keep aside.
- Combine the green chillies, cumin seeds and coconut and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste, adding little water.
- Add this paste to the curds, mix well and keep aside.
- Remove banana stems from the butter milk or strain through the seive and pressure cook the banana stem without adding water for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain the excess water and add to curd mixture and bring it to boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon rice powder, salt and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Pour this on bananas, pour 1 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nithyavaidya on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.