Banana Kofta Curry
by Foodie #589403
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 18861 times
As we all are aware of the nutritional fact of raw banana as a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese, and specially Vitamin B6 and Iron. But we hardly know any delicious dish made of Raw banana. This is a pure vegeterian dish mainly for those veggies who doesnt eat Onion and garlic also.
- Boil banana in pressure cooker. Peel out the skin and mash them.
- Mix turmeric powder, garam masala, green chilli paste, salt and corn flour in a bowl and make 20-22 equal balls.
- Combine the ricota cheese, nutmeg powder, almond powder and cardamom powder and make small balls for the filling.
- Press a banana ball in the palms and fill in with a ball.
- Round it up and then flatten.
- Deep-fry the round balls in oil. These are called koftas.
- Roast peanuts and cumin seeds and grind all other ground masala ingredients to paste.
- Cook the peas by adding a pinch of soda along with the water.
- Grind it in the mixer.
- Melt butter in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- Add the tomato pulp, crushed peas, salt and boil.
- Add grounded paste.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and add more water if needed.
- Just a few minutes before serving add the koftas. Serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #589403 on 26 Mar 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.