Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2984 times
Banana fantasy is a finger licking rice and banana based meal choice with the mashed bananas added to cooked rice alongwith tamarind pulp,spice powders, grated coconut and crushed roasted peanuts. Enjoy hot with pickle and roasted pappadums.
- Cook rice and leave to cool in a wide dish.
- Mash bananas well and mix with cooled rice. add salt. use hands tomix the two well.
- Keep the mixture in the freezer for about 20 mins.
- Heat oil, add mustard, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin, sesame, garlic, grated coconut and roast well. add tomato puree and tamarind water. let the mixture boil and become homogenous. after about 15 mins of cooking, add this paste to the rice and banana mix. mix well. take care that the grains of rice should not become paste.
- Add cardamom powder, crushed roasted peanuts and coriander to garnish.
- Ready to eat! serve with pickles (preferrably lime) and roasted pappadums. finger-licking good!
This recipe was contributed by snariappa on 18 Oct 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.