by The brunchbox
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5262 times
A great way to utilize over ripe and blackened bananas. Its tasty, healthy and a good snack or even complete meal for this rainy evenings.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the banana paste and to it add the jaggery which has been grated. Also add one cup of water.
- Let this mixture cook for a while and keep stirring so that it does not stick to bottom of pan and also burn.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder to this mixture and mix well.
- In the meantime sieve together wheat flour and rice flour along with a pinch of salt.
- Now as the mixture of bananas , jaggery comes to a boil turn off the flame and add the rice flour and wheat flour and keep stirring.
- Now again put on the flame and let it cook for a while and remove from the flame.
- Cool and then knead it into a dough using a little oil if required.
- Now make small balls and roll out like puris and fry in oil.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by The brunchbox on 18 Jun 2013A foodie by birth.. and being a fussy eater made me experiment with flavours. Cooking for is a great...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.