by Palak Rajput
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11677 times
Banana bonda, a variation to potato bonda.
- Soak urad dal for 3-4 hours in water, drain and keep aside.
- Blend the urad dal in a mixer into a smooth paste, using little water, salt and little water to make smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Soak the beaten rice in enough water for 1/2 hour.
- Boil the peas and bananas in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Peel and mash bananas, add the peas and mix well in a bowl.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice, sugar, garam masala, salt, raisins, coriander, soaked poha, chilli powder and mint and mix well.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan, add the urad dal and saute till it turns to golden in colour.
- Add the hing and haldi powder, mix well and add to the mixture of banana-peas and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portion and shape it into round balls.
- Dip banana balls in the prepared batter.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and deep-fry the bondas till golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with chutney and sauce.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.