This recipe has been viewed 4871 times
Baklawa is a traditional sweet dish recipe with wheat flour dough rolled and filled with dried fruit-jaggery-coconut mix. The baklavas are deep fried till golden yellow and then drizzled with honey and served hot.
- Make a thick paste of corn flour and water. keep aside.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. x 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangles.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Place the filling on one rectangle taking care to leave the sides clean.
- Place another piece of samosa patti on top and seal the edges using the corn flour mixture.
- Repeat with other rectangles to make 5 more baklavas.
- Deep-fry the baklavas in hot oil until golden colour. drain on absorbent paper
- Drizzle with honey and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by l_ange2000 on 19 Oct 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.