Baklava ( Lebanese Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33731 times
World famous dessert from middle eastern countries. Each country in this region has its own recipe for baklava. There are many combinations and variations for this sinfully calorie laden dessert. Samosa pattis have been used instead of the filo pastry as the latter is not easily available in india.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. X 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangles. You will get 12 pieces in all.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the samosa pattis till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and divide into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place one samosa patti piece on a flat surface and place one portion of the filling on it taking care to leave the sides clean.
- Place another piece of samosa patti on top.
- Put another portion of the filling on it again taking care to leave the sides clean.
- Top with the third piece of the samosa patti.
- Repeat with the remaining samosa pattis and filling to make 3 more baklavas.
- Drizzle honey on top and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.