Baked potato thyme rolls
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5388 times
Delicious tasty potato rolls herbed with thyme simply melt in the mouth when eaten. i have always wanted to bake the potatoes with butter, but was somehow was never upto doing them with the fear of tasting something herbless and spice less.
i asked a few friends around, and they gave a few fried varieties of potatoes snacks. i wanted to make it for a new year party and had to have a kick to go with cocktails. i came up with these deliciously tasting potatoes served with a spicy tomato chilli garlic asian dip. best of all, it was baked.
the result -it was a big hit, all was over in the first round of drinks and all we could do was dream for more.
try the healthy tasty baked potatoes herbed with thyme; you will fall in love with it. you can add any other herb of your choice like coriander, mint, basil, dill, rosemary etc.
you can see the picture at
- Preheat the oven to 200 c.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, cheese, onions, thyme, salt and pepper. divide the mixture into 10 portions.
- Remove the crusts from the bread, and dip each slice in the milk.place the bread between your palms and gently squeeze to get the excess milk out.
- Place a portion of the potato mixture in each slice and wrap it around and cover the mixture completely. further give it an oval shape.
- Continue with the remaining portions and the bread.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil or layer it with parchment paper and place the rolls on the tray. brush some olive oil around the bread rolls.
- Now place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes. brush some more olive oil around the rolls and continue to bake until crisp with a dark golden color.
- Serve hot this a spicy tomato garlic dip.
This recipe was contributed by archanagk on 29 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.