Baked Vegetables in Spinach Sauce ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33120 times
A delicious way to imbibe the goodness of spinach into your meal! A variety of veggies immersed in spinach sauce and topped with cheese, yet as healthy as can be. Healthy and yummy guide to provide the adequate nutrients for you especially for those suffering from diabetes.
It is a complete one-dish meal that is sure to satiate your hunger and your body's quest for nutrients. Spinach is undoubtedly very good for health, being rich in vitamin A, zinc and iron. What an innovative way to to have leafy and other veggies together, while also utilising leftover chapattis! You can try it with tomato sauce/ puree in place of spinach puree, for a change.
Add your private note
Baked Vegetables in Spinach Sauce ( Diabetic Recipe ) recipe - How to make Baked Vegetables in Spinach Sauce ( Diabetic Recipe )
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time: 20 to 25 minutes Baking Temperature: 230ºC (460ºF) Total Time:
1 hours 15 minutesMakes 4 servings
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté for a minute.
- Add the vegetables, salt and pepper, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Divide the sautéed vegetables into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the spinach sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- In a greased baking dish, spread 1 portion of the sautéed vegetables at the bottom evenly to make a layer.
- Pour 1 portion of the spinach sauce over the vegetables and spread it evenly to make a layer.
- Arrange 4 chapatis over the vegetables to cover it evenly.
- Repeat the steps 2, 3 and 4 to make another layer with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 230ºc (460ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Boil a vesselful of water, when it starts boiling, add 2¼ cups of roughly chopped spinach (palak) and cook for 1 minute. Remove, drain and add it immediately into a vesselful of ice-cold water. Keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes, drain and discard the excess water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 173 calories|
|Protein|| 8.5 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 29.0 gm|
|Fat|| 2.5 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 2499.8 mcg|
|Iron|| 2.8 mg|
|Zinc|| 1.0 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.