5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 201687 times
Baked Vegetable is a slightly modified version of Au Gratin, an internationally acclaimed technique of baking vegetables with a garnish of cheese and bread crumbs.
Here, an assortment of colourful veggies is mixed into white sauce, topped with cheese and bread crumbs and baked till the cheese melts and forms a lusciously gooey layer over the vegetables.
While white sauce is usually seasoned with pepper, here a pinch of cinnamon powder serves the purpose. This innovative twist gives a unique and exquisite flavour and aroma to the Baked Vegetable.
Enjoy with a Garlic Bread and a bowl of Soup .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the salt and cinnamon and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine all the vegetable sand white sauce in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rashmeg on 08 Jan 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.