Baked Tortilla with Citrus Salsa ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26450 times
Time to tango with tangy oranges! This green and orange salsa not only looks good but also tastes good, and is healthy as well. There is a tinge of innovativeness at play too… salsa is usually made with tomatoes and capsicum, but here I have made it with citrus fruits.
This unique, light-baked dish serves as a nutritive and tasty snack. For the salsa to taste best, ensure that you select just-ripe fruits which are sweet and tangy. You can make the salsa in advance too and store in the refrigerator.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mash lightly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using hot water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of plastic into a thin circle of 175 mm. (7") diameter. Dust the tortillas generously with flour to make the rolling easier.
- Lightly cook the tortillas on a non-stick pan.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangular pieces.
- Place the tortilla pieces in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Bake at 190°c (380°f) for 7 to 8 minutes or until the tortilla chips are crisp and lightly browned.
- Serve the baked tortilla chips with chilled citrus salsa.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 115 calories|
|Protein|| 3.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 19.6 gm|
|vitamin C|| 16.1 gm|
|Iron|| 1.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.