This recipe has been viewed 3928 times
Perk up your immunity and hemoglobin levels with this delicious, iron rich and low cal Baked spinach recipe. The spinach or palak leaves are baked with choicest seasonings and cheese.
Add your private note
Baked Spinach recipe - How to make Baked Spinach
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Clean, wash and blanch the spinach. drain and refresh. chop and keep aside.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Heat a little butter in a pan. add chopped onions and sauté. when the onions start to change colour, add chopped garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add baby corn, salt and pepper powder. stir. take it off the heat and leave it aside.
- Heat a little butter in another pan. add white sauce, grated cheese, salt, white pepper powder, sugar, lemon juice and one third of the chopped spinach.
- Stir and add a pinch of nutmeg powder. stir. take it off the heat and keep it aside.
- Take cream in a bowl, add a teaspoon of refined flour, salt and white pepper. stir to blend well.
- Layer the base of a baking dish with onr third of the chopped spinach.
- Then spread the baby corn mixture. spread the remaining spinach over this. now spread boiled and cubed potatoes. sprinkle salt. pour the cream and flour mixture and spread the spinach and cream mixture on top.
- Place sliced tomatoes over and top it up with grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the cheese gets a light golden colour on top and the sauce is bubbling hot.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 29 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.